Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Generate fmgr prototypes automatically

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Generate fmgr prototypes automatically
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/17/17 3:07 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Alternatively ... is there a specific reason why you chose to make
> builtins.h the key inclusion file for this change, rather than having
> callers include fmgrprotos.h directly?  It seems like the stuff remaining
> in builtins.h is just a laundry list of random utility functions.
> Maybe dispersing those to other headers is the thing to do.

Here is a patch that moves two blocks from builtins.h into separate
header files.  That avoids having to include nodes/pg_list.h and
utils/sortsupport.h.

The remaining inclusion of nodes/nodes.h is for the oidparse() function.
 I think that could be moved out of oid.c and put somewhere near parser/
or objectaddress.c.  But the practical savings from avoiding nodes.h is
probably near zero, so I haven't done anything about that here.