Re: Corrupted index file after restoring WAL on warm spare server

От Michael Nolan
Тема Re: Corrupted index file after restoring WAL on warm spare server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sorry, I meant 8.2.4 (darn typo virus)

On 5/24/07, Michael Nolan <htfoot@gmail.com> wrote:
Recently I went through the steps to refresh the database (8.3.4) on my development server (running Fedora Core 5 Linux),
making a tarball of the live database, then restoring it on the development server, and running all the archived WAL files.

Everything worked fine as far as I can tell, I don't see any errors in any of my logs.

Howevever, when I go to access one table, the index appears to be corrupted because the record I get for one query doesn't match the record key I give.

The search works correctly on the live server.

Reindexing that table on the warm spare system fixes the problem.

I redid setting up the warm spare server a second time to see if it was a one-time anomaly, but I have the exact same condition again.

What could be causing this?  If this is a bug, what can I do to help track it down?
--
Mike Nolan
htfoot@gmail.com