Re: generate syscache info automatically

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: generate syscache info automatically
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10.01.24 09:00, John Naylor wrote:
>> I suppose a sensible alternative could be to leave the
>> DECLARE_..._INDEX... alone and make a separate statement, like
>>
>> MAKE_SYSCACHE(pg_type_oid_index, TYPEOID, 64);
>>
>> That's at least visually easier, because some of those
>> DECLARE_... lines are getting pretty long.
>
> Probably a good idea, and below I mention a third possible macro.

I updated the patch to use this style (but I swapped the first two
arguments from my example, so that the thing being created is named first).

I also changed the names of the output files a bit to make them less
confusing.  (I initially had some files named .c.h, which was weird, but
apparently necessary to avoid confusing the build system.  But it's all
clearer now.)

Other than bugs and perhaps style opinions, I think the first patch is
pretty good now.

I haven't changed much in the second patch, other than to update it for
the code changes made in the first patch.  It's still very much
WIP/preview at the moment.

Вложения