Re: how much mem to give postgres?

От Josh Close
Тема Re: how much mem to give postgres?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:23:24 -0700, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> There have been issues with Postgres+HT, especially on Linux 2.4.   Try
> turning HT off if other tuning doesn't solve things.
>
> Otherwise, see:
> http://www.varlena.com/varlena/GeneralBits/Tidbits/perf.html

How would I turn that off? In the kernel config? Not too familiar with
that. I have a 2 proc xeon with 4 gigs of mem on the way for postgres,
so I hope HT isn't a problem. If HT is turned off, does it just not
use the other "half" of the processor? Or does the processor just work
as one unit?

Also, I'm taking a look at that site right now :)

-Josh

Сообщение: Re: how much mem to give postgres?
Сообщение: Re: how much mem to give postgres?