Re: has_language_privilege returns incorrect answer for non-superuser

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: has_language_privilege returns incorrect answer for non-superuser
Дата
Re: has_language_privilege returns incorrect answer for non-superuser  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 07/12/2012 02:53 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> As long as we're spending time on this, I'd propose getting rid of
>> lanplistrusted, at least for access checking.  Instead, just don't
>> install USAGE privileges by default for those languages.
>
> There's definitely something to that idea --- certainly lanpltrusted
> dates from before we had a robust object-permissions system, and looks
> like a bit of a wart now that we do have one.
>
> I guess we could redefine the default privileges for languages as "none"
> and then have the TRUSTED keyword mean to install public usage
> privilege.  Or maybe it would be safer for upgrade purposes if we kept
> the default interpretation as-is and did an automatic REVOKE when
> TRUSTED wasn't specified.

+1

I'll take a look at the latter option sometime in the next few weeks and
submit for the next commitfest.

Is it still worth backpatching a change to has_language_privilege as a
bug fix?

Joe

--
Joe Conway