Re: DELETE vs TRUNCATE explanation

От Mark Thornton
Тема Re: DELETE vs TRUNCATE explanation
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 11/07/12 21:18, Craig James wrote:

> It strikes me as a contrived case rather than a use case.  What sort
> of app repeatedly fills and truncates a small table thousands of times
> ... other than a test app to see whether you can do it or not?
If I have a lot of data which updates/inserts an existing table but I
don't know if a given record will be an update or an insert, then I
write all the 'new' data to a temporary table and then use sql
statements to achieve the updates and inserts on the existing table.

Is there a better way of doing this in standard SQL?

Mark

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: DELETE vs TRUNCATE explanation
От: Craig James
Сообщение: Re: DELETE vs TRUNCATE explanation