Re: Bug tracker tool we need

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Bug tracker tool we need
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

===============

> -- Fix-Bug-Later Bug Tracker: a place to track bugs which are not
> immediately fixable due to complexity/breakage/external
> dependancies/priority.
>
> -- Fix Tracker: way for users to search if a particular issue was fixed,
> and what release it was fixed in.

===============

These two should be able to be the same piece of sotware.

> -- Testing Tracker: tool for user-testers to submit test reports for
> development and beta releases.

This might be able to be the same piece as fix-bug-later... with a
different front end.

> The above are 5 different tasks with different requirements, and it's
> far from clear that we want a new tool for all of them (or even want all
> of them).

Not sure how to handle the first two. Bug submission is always a pita
and although we could use the fix-bug-later app, it would clutter it as
we were trying to determine real bugs vs user error.

Sincerely,

jD

@cmdpromptinc - @postgresconf - 509-416-6579