Re: saved passwords deleted

От Rohan Carly
Тема Re: saved passwords deleted
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On 5/07/2012 3:57 AM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-07-03 at 14:50 +0800, Rohan Carly wrote:
>>>>
>>> I think I've found your issue. Here is the way to trigger it:
>>>
>>> 1. Start PostgreSQL
>>> 2. Start pgAdmin
>>> 3. Connect to your server without typing a password (thanks to .pgpass)
>>> 4. Disconnect from your server
>>> 5. Stop PostgreSQL (not pgAdmin)
>>> 6. Connect to your server
>>>      --> error because PostgreSQL is not started
>>> 7. Start PostgreSQL
>>> 8. Connect to your server
>>>      --> pgAdmin asks for your password
>>>          if you click OK here without typing your password, then pgAdmin
>>>          records an empty password in the .pgpass file
>>>
>>> The fix I pushed a few minutes ago doesn't allow pgAdmin to record an
>>> empty password.
>>>
>>> I suppose it'll fix your issue. If you can test the current code (master
>>> or REL-1_14_0_PATCHES), that would be great.
>>>

>> I frequently hit this bug also, using pgAdmin III v.1.14.1 on Windows.
>>
>> It is not as complex as step 8 above suggests. Even if you press [Cancel],
>> pgAdmin still forgets your password. Perhaps the solution would be to display
>> the password prompt in this scenario, but prepopulate it with the previous
>> password? Then I could just press OK and continue working.
>>
>> I note that the passwords in
>> C:\Users\rohan\AppData\Roaming\postgresql\pgpass.conf are in plain text.
>>
>>   From reading this thread, and some experimentation, I discovered that pgAdmin
>> does not actually delete my password from the pgpass.conf file, even though it
>> appears that way from the frontend. Therefore my quickest workaround is to
>> completely close out of pgAdmin, open it again, and double-click on the saved
>> connection. Provided I have fixed the connection problem (stopped server etc)
>> it does not re-prompt for my password. It would still be preferable to have
>> this fixed though.
>>
> Have you tried 1.14.3? does it still happen?

Yes, the problem is still present in 1.14.3, I just tried it this morning. As
soon as I get the "server doesn't listen" dialog box, I not that I will not be
able to connect again without either supplying a password, or restarting pgAdmin.