Re: ERROR: function crosstab(unknown, unknown) does not exist

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: ERROR: function crosstab(unknown, unknown) does not exist
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/03/2012 06:48 AM, Stefan Schwarzer wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am using 9.1.3. I inserted the tablefunc extension, into a SCHEMA called tablefunc, in order to separate it from my
tables.I had to create it as postgres user, but changed than the Owner of both schema and functions to my user XXX.

> Now, when I launch a query which includes "crosstab()" as a postgres user, everything works fine. However, if I
launchit as user XXX, it complaints:

                 ^
>       HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts.
>
>       ********** Error **********
>       ERROR: function crosstab(unknown, unknown) does not exist
>       SQL state: 42883
>       Hint: No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts.
>       Character: 84
>

> I looked for the other tables which are included in the query, if they belong to postgres, but they belong all to
userXXX.

> So, what could that be?
>
> Thanks for any hints!

Are you schema qualifying the function name when you use it?

If not, does user XXX have schema tablefunc in their search_path?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: Where should I start for learn development
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: function crosstab(unknown, unknown) does not exist