Re: spinlock->pthread_mutex : first results with Jeff's pgbench+plsql

От Nils Goroll
Тема Re: spinlock->pthread_mutex : first results with Jeff's pgbench+plsql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> 3.1.7?

Sorry, that was a typo. 9.1.3.

Yes, I had mentioned the Version in my initial posting. This version is the one
I need to work on as long as 9.2 is beta.

> A major scalability bottleneck caused by spinlock contention was fixed
> in 9.2 - see commit b4fbe392f8ff6ff1a66b488eb7197eef9e1770a4.  I'm not
> sure that it's very meaningful to do performance testing on versions
> that are known to be out of date.

Apparently I have not pointed this out clearly enough. Sorry.

Nils

Сообщение: Re: spinlock->pthread_mutex : first results with Jeff's pgbench+plsql
Сообщение: Re: spinlock->pthread_mutex : first results with Jeff's pgbench+plsql