Re: Update on the spinlock->pthread_mutex patch experimental: replace s_lock spinlock code with pthread_mutex on linux

От Nils Goroll
Тема Re: Update on the spinlock->pthread_mutex patch experimental: replace s_lock spinlock code with pthread_mutex on linux
Дата
Ответ на Re: Update on the spinlock->pthread_mutex patch experimental: replace s_lock spinlock code with pthread_mutex on linux  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: Update on the spinlock->pthread_mutex patch experimental: replace s_lock spinlock code with pthread_mutex on linux  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Thank you, Robert.

as this patch was not targeted towards increasing tps, I am at happy to hear
that your benchmarks also suggest that performance is "comparable".

But my main question is: how about resource consumption? For the issue I am
working on, my current working hypothesis is that spinning on locks saturates
resources and brings down overall performance in a high-contention situation.

Do you have any getrusage figures or anything equivalent?

Thanks, Nils