Re: Help, server doesn't start

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Help, server doesn't start
Дата
Re: Help, server doesn't start  ("Anibal David Acosta" <aa@devshock.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 06/25/2012 12:40 PM, Anibal David Acosta wrote:

Yes, we must upgrade.

The value of the shared_preload_libraries is

shared_preload_libraries = '$libdir/plugins/plugin_debugger.dll'                               # (change requires restart)

Change that to:

shared_preload_libraries = ''

(two single quotes, not a double quote)

It's unlikely that the PL/PgSQL debugger plugin is the issue, but since it's repeated in your logs, it's worth a go.

 When I login into the server the disk used by Postgres installation was without space (0Bytes available).

OK, so you probably do just have xlogs that're cut short. So long as nobody tried to "fix" the problem by deleting things out of the PostgreSQL data directory I expect you'll be OK.

AFAIK Pg is supposed to recover gracefully from out-of-disk situations, but this _is_ quite an old version.

I wonder if there are any out-of-disk tests in the Pg unit tests? It'd be somewhat tricky to automate testing for, but really good to do if it's practical. Something for my bored-weekend TODO I guess, even if it's just a standalone test set.

Right now I am making a file-level copy of the entire postgres folder in order to run some corruption recover method

Great.

--
Craig Ringer