Re: COMMUTATOR doesn't seem to work

От D'Arcy Cain
Тема Re: COMMUTATOR doesn't seem to work
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12-06-22 12:22 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Um, an operator with different types on left and right cannot be its own
> commutator.

Understood.  I completely misunderstood the purpose of COMMUTATOR.  I
thought that it was telling the system that the procedure could be
called with the arguments reversed if it could not find a specific
procedure.  I see now what it is for.

So I have my type working now but I had to create a new C function
that take the opposite argument order.  Seems redundant but I could
not see a better way.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves
IM: darcy@Vex.Net