Re: Recovery continually requests new WAL files

От Alex Good
Тема Re: Recovery continually requests new WAL files
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 13/06/12 11:10, Albe Laurenz wrote:
> Alex Good wrote:
>> Although pgpool is involved this isn't actually about pgpool, I've
> been
>> running through the recovery process manually to try and understand
> what
>> needs to be done in order to get onlinve recovery working with pgpool.
>> Pgpool isn't actually running at the moment.
> Oh, I see.
>
>> Anyway, I think what I had misunderstood was the meaning of the
>> 'standby_mode' parameter in recovery.conf. If I remove that then the
>> process behaves as I expect it to except that the restoring server
> ends
>> up restoring to a new timeline, I would prefer that it be on the same
>> timeline as the master, I have set recovery_target_timeline = 'latest'
>> in recovery.conf but this still increments the timeline. Is there any
>> way to get the recovery to stay on the same timeline other than
>> explicitly specifying the timeline?
> That's why I asked if this is about streaming replication.
>
> It is by design that a new timeline is opened after recovery.
> This is to tell the WAL sequence from before and after recovery apart.
> Is it a problem for you?
>
> Yours,
> Laurenz Albe
Well I had assumed that it was a bad thing as the way I am intending to
use the recovery procedure is to add backup servers to the pgpool
cluster and it seemed to make more sense that they all be on the same
timeline.

Having thought about it though I don't think it matters, thanks very
much for your help, I've been banging my head against this for a while.

Thanks
Alex Good

От: "Albe Laurenz"
Сообщение: Re: Recovery continually requests new WAL files
От: Alexander Farber
Сообщение: Trying to execute several queries involving temp tables in a PHP script