Re: Recovery continually requests new WAL files

От Alex Good
Тема Re: Recovery continually requests new WAL files
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 13/06/12 10:29, Albe Laurenz wrote:
> Alex Good wrote:
>> What I expected to see was the server requesting each WAL file up
> until
>> the one which was archived during pg_stop_backup and then the server
>> would consider itself to be recovered. Clearly I have misunderstood
>> something here.
>>
>> These two servers are actually sat behind pgpool which is in
> replication
>> mode (so I don't have streaming replication set up) which I chose
>> beccause it gives me synchronous replication as well as automatic
>> failover. I am trying to understand the recovery process so I can use
> it
>> to set up pgpools' online recovery feature.
> Oh, you didn't say that it is about pgpool.
>
> You might try to ask their mailing lists:
> http://www.pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/Mailing_lists
>
> Yours,
> Laurenz Albe
Although pgpool is involved this isn't actually about pgpool, I've been
running through the recovery process manually to try and understand what
needs to be done in order to get onlinve recovery working with pgpool.
Pgpool isn't actually running at the moment.

Anyway, I think what I had misunderstood was the meaning of the
'standby_mode' parameter in recovery.conf. If I remove that then the
process behaves as I expect it to except that the restoring server ends
up restoring to a new timeline, I would prefer that it be on the same
timeline as the master, I have set recovery_target_timeline = 'latest'
in recovery.conf but this still increments the timeline. Is there any
way to get the recovery to stay on the same timeline other than
explicitly specifying the timeline?

Thanks
Alex

От: "Albe Laurenz"
Сообщение: Re: Recovery continually requests new WAL files
От: "Albe Laurenz"
Сообщение: Re: Recovery continually requests new WAL files