Re: Recovery continually requests new WAL files

От Alex Good
Тема Re: Recovery continually requests new WAL files
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 13/06/12 09:10, Albe Laurenz wrote:
> Alex Good wrote:
>> I have a simple setup with one master and one backup server. I have an
>> issue where I have performed a backup and copied it to the data
>> directory for the slave, written a recovery.conf and copied in the
>> backup_label file and then started the server, it happily restores
>> everything up until and including the WAL file mentioned in the
>> backup_label and then attempts to obtain the next archive file which
> has
>> not yet been archived. I can't for the life of me figure out what is
>> going on.
> What else would you expect?
>
> Are you planning to use streaming replication?
>
> If yes, what are your configuration parameters for replication?
>
> Yours,
> Laurenz Albe
What I expected to see was the server requesting each WAL file up until
the one which was archived during pg_stop_backup and then the server
would consider itself to be recovered. Clearly I have misunderstood
something here.

These two servers are actually sat behind pgpool which is in replication
mode (so I don't have streaming replication set up) which I chose
beccause it gives me synchronous replication as well as automatic
failover. I am trying to understand the recovery process so I can use it
to set up pgpools' online recovery feature.

Thanks
Alex Good

Alex

От: "Evan D. Hoffman"
Сообщение: pg_upgrade: "pg_ctl failed to start the new server"
От: gipsy-king1
Сообщение: Re: import *.backup-file (PostGIS - not mine)