Re: Performance of pg_basebackup

От Shaun Thomas
Тема Re: Performance of pg_basebackup
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 06/12/2012 09:57 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> If you have a single tablespace you can have pg_basebackup write the
> output to stdout and then pipe that through pigz.

Yeah, I saw that. Unfortunately we have tiered storage and hence two
tablespaces. :(

To be fair, my current process cheats by following symlinks. I haven't
yet modified it to explicitly handle tablespaces. I'll probably just
steal the directory method pg_basebackup uses until it can natively call
an external compression program.

Thanks, Magnus!

--
Shaun Thomas