Re: Minimising windows installer password confusion

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Minimising windows installer password confusion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Magnus Hagander  wrote:
> Kevin Grittner  wrote:
>> Are they running the installation as a system administrator? If
>> so, rather than throwing up an error message and telling them to
>> go use other tools to reset the password, is it possible for the
>> administrator account to force a password change? If that is
>> possible, it seems like it would be a lot more friendly. If not,
>> perhaps the old postgres user could be renamed, and a new one
>> created with the password?
>
> That might break another app running nuder that account. Such as a
> different version of PostgreSQL...
>
> But an option could be to create a different account to run it
> under, I guess... Leaving the old one where it is. I think that's
> better than renaming the old one, really.
That makes sense.  I just think we should try very hard to make the
installer "just work" to the extent possible, rather than trying to
direct the user in how to use system tools in the middle of the
process.
-Kevin

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Minimising windows installer password confusion
От: David Fetter
Сообщение: Re: 9.2 final