Re: Minimising windows installer password confusion

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Minimising windows installer password confusion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dave Page  wrote:
> Probably the most common issue we see from Windows users of
> PostgreSQL is confusion over the passwords the installer asks for
> during installation and upgrade.
Yeah, I think so.
> Attached are some screenshots of the current installation and
> upgrade steps in question, and the password incorrect message box.
> The suggested new text for the steps that I've come up with is
> below. I'd welcome suggestions or improvements to help reduce
> pgsql-bugs traffic!
Are they running the installation as a system administrator?  If so,
rather than throwing up an error message and telling them to go use
other tools to reset the password, is it possible for the
administrator account to force a password change?  If that is
possible, it seems like it would be a lot more friendly.  If not,
perhaps the old postgres user could be renamed, and a new one created
with the password?
Unless there are technical limitations of the Windows environment
which make it impossible to fix this from within the installer, it
just seems like we should fix the problem rather than putting up an
error dialog box.
-Kevin

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Minimising windows installer password confusion
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Minimising windows installer password confusion