Re: describe command for

От René Romero Benavides
Тема Re: describe command for
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Am 08.06.2012 14:31, schrieb Little, Douglas:

Is there a postgres sql command/function that will display an object ddl?

I know of the psql metacharacters, but don’t know how I’d submit from a non-psql client like sqldbx.

I see that pgadmin generates a query and then formats into a ddl statement,  but this seems like a lot of work for something that I would expect to be part of the command set.

Thanks

Doug Little

Sr. Data Warehouse Architect | Business Intelligence Architecture | Orbitz Worldwide

500 W. Madison, Suite 1000  Chicago IL 60661| Office 312.260.2588 | Fax 312.894.5164 | Cell 847-997-5741

Douglas.Little@orbitz.com

Use pg_dump , you can define for what tables you want it to generate ddl for (check the -n and -t options) . If you pass it a -s OR --schema-only it will only dump data definitions (ddl).

--
pglearn.blogspot.mx:postgresql recipes
Twitter.You might consider to follow @sqlhotfix