Re: XLog changes for 9.3

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: XLog changes for 9.3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> But if you're just using regexp matching against pathnames, your
> tool will be just fine.  Do your tools actually rely on the
> occasional absence of a file in what would otherwise be the usual
> sequence of files?
To save "snapshot" backups for the long term, we generate a list of
the specific WAL files needed to reach a consistent recovery point
from a given base backup.  We keep monthly snapshot backups for a
year.  We currently determine the first and last file needed, and
then create a list of all the WAL files to save.  We error out if
any are missing, so we do skip the FF file.
-Kevin

От: Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Сообщение: Re: Could we replace SysV semaphores with latches?
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Early hint bit setting