Re: XLog changes for 9.3

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: XLog changes for 9.3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com> wrote:
> Anything changing filenames will break every HA config anybody has
> anywhere.
It will impact our scripts related to backup and archiving, but I
think we're talking about two or three staff days to cover it in our
shop.
We should definitely make sure that this change is conspicuously
noted.  The scariest part is that there will now be files that
matter with names that previously didn't exist, so lack of action
will cause failure to capture a usable backup.  I don't know that it
merits a bump to 10.0, though.  We test every backup for usability,
as I believe any shop should; failure to cover this should cause
pretty obvious errors pretty quickly if you are testing your
backups.
-Kevin

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: XLog changes for 9.3
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Avoiding adjacent checkpoint records