Re: timestamps, formatting, and internals

От David Salisbury
Тема Re: timestamps, formatting, and internals
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 5/27/12 12:25 AM, Jasen Betts wrote:
> The query: "show integer_datetimes;" should return 'on' which means
> timestamps are microsecond precision if it returns 'off' your database
> was built with floating point timstamps and equality tests will be
> unreliable,

I find that rather interesting.  I was told that I was losing microseconds
when I extracted an epoch from the difference between two timestamps and casted
that value to an integer.  So if I have integer timestamps ( your case above )
I get microseconds, but integer epochs is without microseconds?

Thanks,

-ds