Re: How do I use parameterized queries with LIKE?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: How do I use parameterized queries with LIKE?
Дата
Список psycopg
On 05/28/2012 03:00 PM, W. Matthew Wilson wrote:
> This works just fine:
>
>      cursor.execute("""select email_address from customer where
> email_address like '%matt%'""")
>
> But when I move the "matt" part out and use a %s symbol instead, I get
> this error:
>
>      ValueError: unsupported format character ''' (0x27) at index 73
>
> What is the right solution here?

http://initd.org/psycopg/docs/usage.html#passing-parameters-to-sql-queries

So you need something like:

cursor.execute("""select email_address from customer where
 email_address like %s""", ("matt",))

Note in particular the ("matt",). The parameters in this form need to be passed
as a tuple.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com