Re: No, pg_size_pretty(numeric) was not such a hot idea

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: No, pg_size_pretty(numeric) was not such a hot idea
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 26-05-2012 01:45, Fujii Masao wrote:
> Ouch! But removing pg_size_pretty(numeric) causes another usability
> issue, e.g., pg_size_pretty(pg_xlog_location_diff(...)) fails. So how about
> removing pg_size_pretty(bigint) to resolve those two issues?
> I guess pg_size_pretty(numeric) is a bit slower than bigint version, but
> I don't think that such a bit slowdown of pg_size_pretty() becomes
> a matter practically. No?

That's what I proposed at [1]. +1 for dropping the pg_size_pretty(bigint).

[1] http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4F315F6C.8030700@timbira.com

--   Euler Taveira de Oliveira - Timbira       http://www.timbira.com.br/  PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento,
Suporte24x7 e Treinamento

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: VIP: new format for psql - shell - simple using psql in shell
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: VIP: new format for psql - shell - simple using psql in shell