Re: Usability write-up - looking at Pg, especially PgAdmin-III and Pg on Windows, from an inexperienced user PoV

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Usability write-up - looking at Pg, especially PgAdmin-III and Pg on Windows, from an inexperienced user PoV
Дата
Ответы Re: Usability write-up - looking at Pg, especially PgAdmin-III and Pg on Windows, from an inexperienced user PoV  (Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>)
Список pgsql-general
On 25/05/2012 6:55 PM, Marti Raudsepp wrote:
> Together with an earlier study about common PostgreSQL pitfalls, I've
> created an article on the wiki:
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Usability_reviews
>
> However, I suspect posting long rants like this won't get us very far.
> Instead, I think these problems should be posted one by one, with
> proposed solutions, so they can be discussed in detail without
> distractions. Once there seems to be a consensus for a solution, add a
> TODO list item -- I suspect most of these items are quite easy to
> solve in code, once it's clear *how* to address them. And the TODO
> list has been short of simple items recently.

You're quite right. FWIW, it wasn't intended to be a long rant - I
started out writing a point-by-point review of a few usability issues -
though it certainly turned into a long rant as I started seeing more and
more issues.

It's my intention to break that down into specific problem areas and
points, I just thought it was worth getting a few initial impressions too.

--
Craig Ringer