Re: Configuration Recommendations

От: Mark Kirkwood
Тема: Re: Configuration Recommendations
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Configuration Recommendations  (Jan Nielsen, )
 Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Robert Klemme, )
  Re: Configuration Recommendations  ("Greg Sabino Mullane", )
   Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Robert Klemme, )
    Re: Configuration Recommendations  ("Greg Sabino Mullane", )
     Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Robert Klemme, )
     Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Jan Nielsen, )
 Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Shaun Thomas, )
  Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Jan Nielsen, )
  Re: Configuration Recommendations  (John Lister, )
 Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Jan Nielsen, )
 Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Shaun Thomas, )
  Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Jan Nielsen, )
   Re: Configuration Recommendations  (John Lister, )
    Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Jan Nielsen, )
     Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Craig James, )
      Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Scott Carey, )
      Re: Configuration Recommendations  (John Lister, )
   Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Robert Klemme, )
    Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Jan Nielsen, )
    Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Shaun Thomas, )
   Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Jan Nielsen, )
    Re: Configuration Recommendations  ("Kevin Grittner", )
    Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Jeff Janes, )
    Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Jan Nielsen, )
     Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Jan Nielsen, )
     Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Mark Kirkwood, )
  Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Scott Carey, )
 Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Greg Smith, )

On 20/05/12 03:47, Jan Nielsen wrote:
> In this test, the local mount's buffered reads perform best around RA~10k @
> 150MB/sec then starts a steady decline. The SAN mount has a similar but
> more subtle decline with a maximum around RA~5k @ 80MB/sec but with much
> greater variance. I was surprised at the 80MB/sec for the SAN - I was
> expecting 150MB/sec - and I'm also surprised at the variance. I understand
> that there are many more elements involved for the SAN: more drives,
> network overhead&  latency, iscsi, etc. but I'm still surprised.
>
> Is this expected behavior for a SAN mount or is this a hint at some
> misconfiguration? Thoughts?

Is the SAN mount via iSCSI?  If so and also if the connection is a
single 1Gbit interface then 80MB/s is reasonable. You might get closer
to 100MB/s by tweaking things like MTU for the interface concerned, but
to get more performance either bonding several 1Gbit links or using
10Gbit is required.

Regards

Mark