Re: Readme of Buffer Management seems to have wrong sentence

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Readme of Buffer Management seems to have wrong sentence
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/23/2012 11:36 AM, Amit Kapila wrote:

> Do you feel I can attempt to address this problem with some prototypes and
> discuss here after few days when I have some results ready.

I don't think there is a clear picture yet of what benchmark to use for
testing changes here.  Items like "Consider adding buffers the
background writer finds reusable to the free list" have been on the TODO
list since 2007; neither ideas nor code are the problem here.  Proving
that a) a new policy helps on some workloads and b) it doesn't harm any
important workload, those are the hard parts here.

Сообщение: Re: Archiver not exiting upon crash
Сообщение: Re: Archiver not exiting upon crash