Re: Changing the concept of a DATABASE

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Changing the concept of a DATABASE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> That's only true if you try to satisfy both goals at once, which I'm
> not suggesting. So I believe that proposition to be false.

Oh, ok.  Per your original email and follow-up arguments, you seemed to
be doing just that.

>> An alternative idea -- and one which could be deployed a lot faster --
>> is to come up with a tool which makes it easy to migrate an entire
>> database into a separate schema or set of schemas in an existing
>> database.   And improvements to manage schema visility/path better, I
>> suppose.
>
> Yes, it is possible to improve things there also.

Feh, and nested schema, for that matter.  So, there's a fair bit of work
wherever we bite it off.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Per-Database Roles
От: Tatsuo Ishii
Сообщение: Proposal: add new field to ErrorResponse and NoticeResponse