Re: local-storage versus SAN sequential read performance comparison

От Shaun Thomas
Тема Re: local-storage versus SAN sequential read performance comparison
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 05/21/2012 10:41 AM, Scott Marlowe wrote:

> How fast is the link to your SAN?  If it's Gigabit, then 80MB/s would
> be pretty reasonable.

Wow, I didn't even think of that. I was looking up specs on the SAN. :)

Those stats are pretty horrible for sequential reads. The SAN should
improve random reads, not mercilessly ruin sequential.

That does sound like the problem, though.

--
Shaun Thomas
312-444-8534