Re: Patch: Add support for hstore extension - and map it to/from java.util.Map

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Patch: Add support for hstore extension - and map it to/from java.util.Map
Дата
Re: Patch: Add support for hstore extension - and map it to/from java.util.Map  (Shijun Kong <skong@investoranalytics.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 05/10/2012 05:17 PM, Mikko Tiihonen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is a patch to enable initial support for hstore in the jdbc driver.
>
> With the patch using ResultSet.getObject() on a hstore column and it
> returns a HashMap<String, String>
> Similarly a Statement.setObject(Map<Object,Object> will send the data
> to backend using hstore format.

That's absolutely brilliant, thankyou!

Of course, now there's a `json' type that folks will probably use much
of the time instead, not least because it should be easier to work with
from JDBC. I doubt it'll be as efficient and fast as hstore for
single-level key/value info though.

--
Craig Ringer