missing pg_clog files after pg_upgrade

От Christian J. Dietrich
Тема missing pg_clog files after pg_upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hey all,

I have a problem which I speculate to be due to the pg_upgrade bug [1]:

ERROR: could not access status of transaction 13636
DETAIL: could not open file "pg_clog/0000": No such file or directory

The pg_clog directory contains files with names in the range from 004A
to 0105. 004A dates January 2012, 0105 is as of today. my version of
postgresql is 9.1.3-1PGDG.rhel6.x86_64 running on CentOS 6.2.
We pg_upgraded from 8.4.2 to 9.0.2 (Feb 2011) and then to 9.1.1 (Oct
2011). Unfortunately, I do not have backups of the pg_clog before
upgrading to 9.1. I immediately stopped the database when encountering
these errors above.

To me (naive) it looks like the pg_clog file names "wrapped around" and
now start to re-use from 0000 on (which does not exist). Is there any
chance I can fix this (and avoid data loss)? I did not apply the VACUUM
FREEZE fix suggested in [1] because I could not restore missing pg_clog
files. What can I do?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

[1]: http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/20110408pg_upgrade_fix

--
Christian J. Dietrich
Institute for Internet Security - if(is)