Re: Vacuum does not show in pg_stat_all_tables

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: Vacuum does not show in pg_stat_all_tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 05/15/2012 05:30 AM, Condor wrote:

> I use vacuum full because I have huge tables that every night is
> deleted (truncated)
> and I want my space back.
Truncate does reclaim space. Bulk deletes do not. If you are doing bulk
deletes since you need to delete *almost* everything consider using
"cluster" to clean up. It is much faster and gives you new unbloated
indexes. You may find pg_reorg of interest as well.

> I did not use autovacuum because in past some times I lost
> data when is inserted. In past is happened once every month or two
> some record just missing.

This issue, perhaps?:
http://www.databasesoup.com/2012/03/postgres-update-release-data-loss-and.html

In which case the data was not actually lost but could be missing from
the index (with the obvious potential for resulting corruption). It has
been fixed in current versions.

Cheers,
Steve

От: Poul Møller Hansen
Сообщение: Why are pg_restore taking that long ?
От: Mike Christensen
Сообщение: Is there a way to avoid hard coding database connection info into views?