Re: BUG #6638: Casablanca timezone is wrong

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: BUG #6638: Casablanca timezone is wrong
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 14.05.2012 18:21, dchuet@odotech.com wrote:
> We get for Africa/Casablanca, timezone equal to WET with no DST.
>
> This is not true from 2010.
> See Wikipedia, for Morocco:
>
> Time zone     WET (UTC+0)
> Summer (DST)     WEST (UTC+1)(May 2nd to August 7th)

PostgreSQL uses the timezone data from the so-called Olson library. See
http://www.twinsun.com/tz/tz-link.htm. Looking at the upstream library,
this is fixed in the most recent version (tzdata2012c), We will pick up
that change in the next PostgreSQL minor release, ie. 9.0.8 for the 9.0
series.

--
   Heikki Linnakangas