Re: Draft release notes complete

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Draft release notes complete
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10.05.2012 06:11, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have completed my draft of the 9.2 release notes, and committed it to
> git.

Thanks! I committed a few trivial fixes, below are a few more I wasn't
sure about:

> * Add support for range data types (Jeff Davis, Tom Lane, Alexander Korotkov)
>
> The range data type records a lower and upper bound, and supports comparisons like contains, overlaps, and
intersection.

/s/comparisons/operations/ ?

> * Allow a user to cancel queries in other owned sessions using pg_cancel_backend() (Magnus Hagander)
>
> Previously only the superuser could cancel queries.

"other owned sessions" is a bit ambiguous. It reads to me like
"possessed sessions" or "0wned sessions". It's not clear it means
sessions owned by the same user. How about "... to cancel queries in his
other sessions, using ..." ? Or:

* Allow a non-superuser to cancel queries in another backend using
pg_cancel_backend(), as long as the victim backend belongs to the same user

Previously only the superuser could cancel queries.

> * Change default names of triggers to fire action triggers before check triggers (Tom Lane)
>
> This allows default-named check triggers to check post-action rows.

That's quite a mouthful :-). I don't understand what it means.

> In psql tab completion, complete SQL key words based on COMP_KEYWORD_CASE setting and the perhaps case of the
partially-suppliedword (Peter Eisentraut, Fujii Masao)

Which is correct spelling, "keyword" or "key word"? We seem to use both
in the docs. "Keyword" sounds much better to me, but I think I might be
more prone to write words together than native English speakers.

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: psql: server version check for \dO
От: Qi Huang
Сообщение: Re: Gsoc2012 idea, tablesample