Re: PGAdmin - access through proxy

От Ciro Martins
Тема Re: PGAdmin - access through proxy
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

Thanks a lot for your clarification and your avalilability. Now, I understood what tha option meant.
Thanks.

Em 09-05-2012 11:45, Dave Page escreveu:
On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 11:41 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
Apparently I removed it here:
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgadmin3.git;a=commit;h=0937dc7357c9940fe0fd4bd34c5154eb70db24f3

I can't find any references about why it was removed as part of that
commit though - I suspect it was because we figured no one needed it
(and as this is the first complaint I've heard after 5 years, I guess
statistically that was pretty much correct).
The switch from using an internal webbrowser to loading the system
default one moved the proxy responsibility to the browser, I would
guess?
D'oh! Of course. Clearly I need more coffee.

To clarify for Ciro; we removed the PG/Slony docs from the
distribution and changed the documentation viewer such that if you use
the PG/Slony docs, it'll use your default web browser (because
wxWidgets only supports a small amount of the HTML 4 spec, and
no/limited CSS iirc). Therefore, the proxy setting is obsolete because
pgAdmin never tries to display external HTML itself.