Lost one tablespace - can't access whole database

От Stefan Tzeggai
Тема Lost one tablespace - can't access whole database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi

postgresql 9.1 on Ubuntu 10.04

My database was spread over multiple tablespaces, spread over mutliple
discs. Now i lost one of the discs = one tablespace.
The database does start, but when I try to access the database, it complains

psql: FATAL:  could not open file ...

I tried to point the symlink in pg_tblspc/ to a new directory, but it is
looking for files there now...

All important information is in the other tablespaces. I would be
totally happy to just loose all relations in that lost tablespace. It's
just indexes. Is there any way to tell PG to drop/ignore that tablespace
and access the database?

Many thanks in advance
Steve