Re: SQL functions not being inlined

От Evan Martin
Тема Re: SQL functions not being inlined
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks, I went into that function, added log statements everywhere and
figured which check it's failing on:

!heap_attisnull(func_tuple, Anum_pg_proc_proconfig)

and it's because my real function had this at the end:

SET search_path FROM CURRENT;

which I never imagined would make any difference. This still doesn't
explain why it was being inlined sometimes - I didn't add and remove
that bit, it was there the whole time! But at least the fix is simple -
remove it.

Is there any reason this stuff isn't documented? It can have huge
performance implications, so I'm surprised more people don't run into
it. Even better would be some query that checks whether a function is
inlineable - maybe not perfectly, but it could detect a few of the
reasons just from pg_proc, right?

Regards,

Evan