Re: Query got slow from 9.0 to 9.1 upgrade

От: Jonathan
Тема: Re: Query got slow from 9.0 to 9.1 upgrade
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Query got slow from 9.0 to 9.1 upgrade  (Josh Turmel, )
 Re: Query got slow from 9.0 to 9.1 upgrade  (Ants Aasma, )
  Re: Query got slow from 9.0 to 9.1 upgrade  (Rural Hunter, )
 Re: Query got slow from 9.0 to 9.1 upgrade  (Jonathan, )

On 4/30/2012 5:17 PM, Josh Turmel wrote:
> We just upgraded from 9.0 to 9.1, we're using the same server
> configuration, that has been confirmed 3 or 4 times over. Any help would
> be appreciated. If I remove the "ORDER BY" it gets fast again because it
> goes back to using the user_id index, if I remove the LIMIT/OFFSET it
> gets fast again, obviously I need both of those, but that was just to
> test and see what would happen.

I had this problem as well and ended up working around it by having the
application cache the highest seen user_id and send that back to the
server which uses it in a where clause.  This way I had just the LIMIT
and was able to remove the OFFSET and things ran great.  I don't know
how feasible it is for you to change things application side but it
worked well for me.

Jonathan

Сообщение: Re: Configuration Recommendations
Сообщение: Re: Configuration Recommendations