Re: Limit the normal user to see system catalog or not??? And create privilege???

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Limit the normal user to see system catalog or not??? And create privilege???
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 05/02/2012 11:42 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 01:54:58PM -0700, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>> On 03/28/2012 09:54 AM, leaf_yxj wrote:
>>> For oracle, the normal user can't see all the system catalog. but for
>>> postgresql, it looks like all the user can see the system catalog.  Should
>>> we limit the user read privilege to system catalog?
>>>
>>> In oracle, the system privilege has create table, create view,create
>>> function.  For postgresql database, how to control the user who only can
>>> create table but can't create view. Based on the test I did, once the user
>>> has the create privilege on the schema, the user will have any create
>>> privilege on that schema. In postgresql, Rule is used to control that ???
>>> very confused!
>>
>> Path to unconfusion:):
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/sql-grant.html
>>
>> You can grant CREATE on a schema and then restrict CREATE within the
>> schema for different objects types. In recent versions you are
>> looking for ALL * IN SCHEMA schema_name where * is the object type.
>
> I think the problem with ALL * IN SCHEMA it just applies permissions on
> all objects in the schema at a point in time, i.e. it doesn't apply to
> objects created _after_ that command was run.

True, but in the above was an explanation of default privileges which
led to this link:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/sql-alterdefaultprivileges.html

ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES does allow you to control what happens in the future.
Admittedly not the most obvious connection:)

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com