Re: log_collector doesn't respond to reloads

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: log_collector doesn't respond to reloads
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
>> On the whole though, I think this is an invented problem.  We've never
>> heard a complaint from the field about it.
>
> I think process title seems reasonable. We do that for archiver for
> example, to tell you where it's writing, don't we?

Yes, we do.

This isn't an invented problem; a brief canvass on IRC shows that people
run into issues with log_collector reloads fairly commonly.  However,
it's pretty low priority, certainly -- never rises above the level of
"annoyance".  The sort of thing where it would be good to have a
bugtracker to put it in so the next time someone is working on the log
collector for other reasons they can tweak this too, or when some new
hacker wants an easy first patch.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.