Re: BUG #6618: incorrect restore for composite columns when order changes

От Rikard Pavelic
Тема Re: BUG #6618: incorrect restore for composite columns when order changes
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 27.4.2012. 0:39, Tom Lane wrote:

> There is no supported method for changing the order of attributes in a
> composite type, so I wonder exactly how you did step 4.  If it involved
> direct manipulation of the system catalogs, I would say this falls in
> the category of "if you break it, you get to keep both pieces".
>
>             regards, tom lane

Well, there is no supported method for changing order of columns too, but
doesn't stop you from creating new and dropping old until you have
order which you want.

To be exact I didn't clone the database, I let our tool build it.
It built types with different order because our schema changed in the meantime.

Regards,
Rikard