Re: Configuration Recommendations

От: John Lister
Тема: Re: Configuration Recommendations
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Configuration Recommendations  (Jan Nielsen, )
 Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Robert Klemme, )
  Re: Configuration Recommendations  ("Greg Sabino Mullane", )
   Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Robert Klemme, )
    Re: Configuration Recommendations  ("Greg Sabino Mullane", )
     Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Robert Klemme, )
     Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Jan Nielsen, )
 Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Shaun Thomas, )
  Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Jan Nielsen, )
  Re: Configuration Recommendations  (John Lister, )
 Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Jan Nielsen, )
 Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Shaun Thomas, )
  Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Jan Nielsen, )
   Re: Configuration Recommendations  (John Lister, )
    Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Jan Nielsen, )
     Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Craig James, )
      Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Scott Carey, )
      Re: Configuration Recommendations  (John Lister, )
   Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Robert Klemme, )
    Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Jan Nielsen, )
    Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Shaun Thomas, )
   Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Jan Nielsen, )
    Re: Configuration Recommendations  ("Kevin Grittner", )
    Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Jeff Janes, )
    Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Jan Nielsen, )
     Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Jan Nielsen, )
     Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Mark Kirkwood, )
  Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Scott Carey, )
 Re: Configuration Recommendations  (Greg Smith, )

On 24/04/2012 20:32, Shaun Thomas wrote:

> I'm not sure if you've done metrics or not, but XFS performance is
> highly dependent on your init and mount options. I can give you some
> guidelines there, but one of the major changes is that the Linux 3.X
> kernels have some impressive performance improvements you won't see
> using CentOS 6.2. Metadata in particular has undergone a massive
> upgrade that drastically enhances its parallel scalability on metadata
> modifications.
Hi, I'd be grateful if you could share any XFS performance tweaks as I'm
not entirely sure I'm getting the most out of my setup and any
additional guidance would be very helpful.

Thanks

John

--
www.pricegoblin.co.uk

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Weird plan variation with recursive CTEs
От: AI Rumman
Сообщение: NOT EXISTS or LEFT JOIN which one is better?