Re: pgpool2 master fail problem

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: pgpool2 master fail problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/17/12 7:10 AM, Videanu Adrian wrote:
> i try to build a postgresql cluster using postgresql 9.1.3 and pgpool2 3.1.2.
> I want to setup this cluster as a master/slave with streaming copy. Everything is ok execept the case when the
mastersfails, and i try to recover it, because the old master recovers as master instead of slave. I have installed
pgpool-walrecrunningon both servers but still does not seems to work.

in addition to the streaming replication built into postgres, you need
some form of cluster management software running over the top of this to
manage the transition states, ensure that you don't have two masters,
etc.    as another said, the previously failed master has to be brought
online as a new slave

От: Tatsuo Ishii
Сообщение: Re: pgpool2 master fail problem
От: tuanhoanganh
Сообщение: Re: pgstat wait timeout