Re: UPDATE table via ODBC fails.

От Ken Benson
Тема Re: UPDATE table via ODBC fails.
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
UPDATE:

This must have something to do with the multiple table involvement.

I modified my 'insert' command to include the updated field on the initial insert.
INSERT INTO tmp_rxpurge (rxnum,dt_wrt,dt_lastfill,b_purge)
SELECT "RXNUM","DATE",rf.dt_lastfill,'f'
FROM rx
LEFT JOIN  (SELECT "RXNUM" AS rxnum, Max("DATE")  as dt_lastfill FROM transactions GROUP BY "RXNUM")
            as rf on rf.rxnum=rx."RXNUM"

Then - created three additional update steps ... they all worked via the ODBC connector...
  1. UPDATE tmp_rxpurge SET dt_lastact=dt_wrt
  2. UPDATE tmp_rxpurge SET dt_lastact=dt_lastfill where dt_lastfill IS NOT NULL and dt_lastfill > dt_lastact
  3. UPDATE tmp_rxpurge SET b_purge='t' where dt_lastact < '2010-01-01'

I'm still puzzled why the first method didn't work.

Ken