Re: [HACKERS] Regarding GSoc Application

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Regarding GSoc Application
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 04/10/12 8:41 PM, Atri Sharma wrote:
> I agree,the only need of Pl/Java that is apparent here is the need of the
> Java internals(JDK et al).If we set them up independently,then,we can have
> the FDW wrapping JDBC directly through JNI.JNI would call pure Java
> functions to connect to the JDBC.

PL/Java also provides for passing SQL arguments in various data types
to/from your java code.    not usinig pl/java would mean you'd have to
reinvent all those wheels, they exist now in a standard mannner, why not
use them?

as I see it, your proposal could be implemented as a set of pljava
functions callable from SQL that would in turn invoke JDBC to connect to
and fetch data from your foreign database, then return it to the calling
SQL procedure, much as dblink does now for pg to pg database links.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Regarding GSoc Application
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Regarding GSoc Application