Re: 9.1.3 Standby catchup mode

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: 9.1.3 Standby catchup mode
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/05/2012 09:35 AM, hans wulf wrote:
> I am wondering how the catchup mode of a hot synchron slave server works on 9.1.3 if there is no WAL archive.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/warm-standby.html#STREAMING-REPLICATION

"Streaming replication allows a standby server to stay more up-to-date than is possible
with file-based log shipping. The standby connects to the primary, which streams WAL
records to the standby as they're generated, without waiting for the WAL file to be filled."

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com