Re: BUG #6571: Postgres Kills 'Select 1' query randomly on hot standby databases

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: BUG #6571: Postgres Kills 'Select 1' query randomly on hot standby databases
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Alex Matzinger <amatzinger@experts-exchange.com> wrote:

> The connection that is executing the SELECT 1 are generally open
> for 1-5 hours before they are killed.  The specific connection
> only executes SELECT 1.  The transaction is simply BEGIN, and then
> SELECT 1's, no other query is executed.

Don't do that.

In particular, never put more into a single database transaction
than is required for integrity; and there is no apparent reason why
running a series of "SELECT 1" statements needs to be in a single
transaction.  (It's not blindingly obvious why you would want to do
it in general, but I can imagine it possibly being useful for
monitoring purposes.)

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: BUG #6571: Postgres Kills 'Select 1' query randomly on hot standby databases
Сообщение: Re: BUG #6571: Postgres Kills 'Select 1' query randomly on hot standby databases