Re: TCP Overhead on Local Loopback

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: TCP Overhead on Local Loopback
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

On 04/01/2012 09:11 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 04/01/2012 08:29 PM, Claudio Freire wrote:
>>>
>>> He said Windows. There are no Unix domain sockets on Windows. (And
>>> please
>>> don't top-post)
>> Windows supports named pipes, which are functionally similar, but I
>> don't think pg supports them.
>>

> Correct, so telling the OP to have a look at them isn't at all
> helpful. And they are not supported on all Windows platforms we
> support either (specifically not on XP, AIUI).

Apparently I was mistaken about the availability. However, my initial
point remains. Since all our  client/server comms on Windows are over
TCP, telling the OP to look at Unix domain sockets is unhelpful.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: TCP Overhead on Local Loopback
Сообщение: Re: TCP Overhead on Local Loopback