Re: Sudden Query slowdown on our Postgresql Server

От Yeb Havinga
Тема Re: Sudden Query slowdown on our Postgresql Server
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 2012-03-23 05:53, Sebastian Melchior wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we already used iostat and iotop during times of the slowdown, there is no sudden drop in I/O workload in the times
ofthe slowdown. Also the iowait does not spike and stays as before.
> So i do not think that this is I/O related. As the disks are SSDs there also still is some "head room" left.

I've seen a ssd completely lock up for a dozen seconds or so after
giving it a smartctl command to trim a section of the disk. I'm not sure
if that was the vertex 2 pro disk I was testing or the intel 710, but
enough reason for us to not mount filesystems with -o discard.

regards,
Yeb

От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Sudden Query slowdown on our Postgresql Server
От: Sebastian Melchior
Сообщение: Re: Sudden Query slowdown on our Postgresql Server